DEMENTIA HARBOROUGH supports
those with recently diagnosed dementia, their carers and families.
We started in March 2011 as Dementia café Market Harborough which provided support
for those newly diagnosed with dementia and their families, and a place to get together,
and jointly support each other.
Now we run a range of activities for people affected by dementia, including a
Dementia café and a Singing for Memories Group. We are also involved
with local NHS and Social Services bodies, other local charity groups, and local
politicans to ensure that they understand the practical issues being faced by people
with dementia and their carers.
Dementia Harborough's activities include:-
We are proud of the fact that we have received
- Sainsbury’s Supermarket (Market Harborough)
- Co-operative Funeral Services
& Midlands Co-operative Society
- Illston on the Hill Onion Growers Association
- Waitrose 'green token' charity collection scheme
- Lloyds Bank
- The Congregational Church, Market Harborough
- Probus Market Harborough, Welland Valley Rotary Club and Market Harborough Rotary Club
- Significant private donations